Thursday, June 26, 2008

haircut for Grace



Well...first let me start by saying that my kids have been staying up late and bed time has been a big challenge for us since summer began. Max is a champion at going to bed, he is not a night owl like his little sibs. The other two though are challenging and they like to get into bed together and then roll around and wrestle around like two little beasts fighting over something really delicious. So, over the past few weeks I have employed many methods at bedtime, trying to get something going that will work better for us than what we are doing now. The last few nights I have taken Max and layed with him and then Colty comes sauntering in about 10 minutes later goes down after a little bit of cuddling.
I was going through this routine with them, while Grace was watching a show on TV and brushing her hair (which by the way is such a rarity, she normally looks like a bird has nested in her hair for a good portion of the day, because I have to bribe her or chase her around, or threaten her with taking her beloved Racoony away to let me brush her hair).
I heard the clink of the pitcher we keep our scissors in,just as Colty was settling in...and I thought to myself, she wouldn't cut her hair, would she? No, I thought to myself. I should have gotten up and checked on her at this point,but I was just getting Colty to settle in.
A short while later she wandered in and asked me where her hair spray was (hair detangling spray) and I noticed at that point that she had some long strands of hair hanging from her head...I asked her to come close to me and she did and that is when she was discovered. She smiled at me and I could swear her eyes sparkled at me, she was so extra pleased with herself, she then informed me that she had cut her hair, she just wanted to surprise me. I almost started laughing outloud but I didn't. I just told her that in the future this was not okay and that indeed it was quite a surprise. She was so pleased with herself and happy that it was almost laughable.
Thankfully she has ALOT of hair. She cut some layers in the back and a tiny bit on the side, she didn't touch the top or bangs...thank goodness. So we will be going to get a fix it cut tomorrow morning bright and early. All this at 10:45 pm at night. I will post pictures of her tomorrow after her cut.
PS these photos were taken before the big haircut

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the top picture with the batter on her face. Can't wait to see the "after" photos.

Perrin said...

Oh no...they all have to do it, don't they. Luckily it's not too bad. Do you remember Corinne's bang cut...right tot he very ends. Ugh!