In the past few weeks, Grace has gone to the nurse's office several times claiming a tummy ache...funny that when she comes home she is completely healed and 100 % well. Yes, we have discussed that we can't come home when we are not sick, and yes the tummyache's continue to happen. I have drawn my own conclusions...she is anxious about school...even though she is doing really well academically, and seems to be doing well socially as well...the whole idea of being at school for a whole day versus a half day is throwing her off...I think she is anxious like a lot of first graders. Yesterday I went to school after getting the same old nurse phone call...I stayed with her for a bit to help her calm down and then left her at recess with a friend. So far today no call from school...so here is to hoping that my little lady can make it through today without getting to anxious. I am sending her all of my good thoughts, knowing that she can make it through this just fine, it just might be a little bumpy getting there.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Sending all my good thoughts to you girl
In the past few weeks, Grace has gone to the nurse's office several times claiming a tummy ache...funny that when she comes home she is completely healed and 100 % well. Yes, we have discussed that we can't come home when we are not sick, and yes the tummyache's continue to happen. I have drawn my own conclusions...she is anxious about school...even though she is doing really well academically, and seems to be doing well socially as well...the whole idea of being at school for a whole day versus a half day is throwing her off...I think she is anxious like a lot of first graders. Yesterday I went to school after getting the same old nurse phone call...I stayed with her for a bit to help her calm down and then left her at recess with a friend. So far today no call from school...so here is to hoping that my little lady can make it through today without getting to anxious. I am sending her all of my good thoughts, knowing that she can make it through this just fine, it just might be a little bumpy getting there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Amy, I found your post interesting as Katie is having the same problem. Her first 2 weeks of 1st grade went perfectly and even her teacher is surprised. Katie has gone to the nurses room with tummy aches too. She tells them she misses me. Now she carries something of mine for comfort and her teacher asked that I send several letters for her to keep on hand and to give Katie when she is sad. I guess first grade is more of transition then we could of predicted.
Post a Comment