Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Look Mom No tears.

Here is Colty on a recent afternoon doing his own version of the happy dance.  Today as I walked away from his classroom, I felt like doing one too.  Today was his first day going to Kindergarten with no tears as I left.  Phew!!!!!!  What a relief, he is going to be fine...I can hear all of you out there reading this saying "of course he was going to be fine"...yes I know.  I knew this on a rational level too, but on the emotional level I was screaming and crying inside each day as I left my little guy behind for school.  Every day, it has gotten a bit better, and today he squeezed me in his own version of a bear hug and high fived me as he lined up to go into his classroom...not one tear in sight!  Way to go Colty boy.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah Colty!!! :o)

Malissa said...

AMY!!! Please tell me you can read this? OMG, the kids are soo cute! I miss you and think of you all the time.
Can you believe how far we have come?
Love,
Malissa

kurlokids said...

Hi Malissa,
It is so good to hear from you! Please send me photos of you and the kiddos! We would love to see your boys!
Call me or email me either way, I would love to hear from you!

Love,
Amy

Michelle said...

It's so hard when the last one is out the door. I'm glad you and he both survived and can look forward to new chapters in your life.