




So here we are two weeks further down the line, without any word from us on our blog...life has carried on in a busy hectic way. Between many phone calls back and forth for Lee and his employer, doctor etc...and celebrating my birthday, and figuring out how to gracefully bow out of a moms club board member position, and interviewing for a job, and having two very special houseguests visiting...we have not had time to post anything on the blog.
So, we have discovered that Lee will be home for a total of 9 more weeks, and will go to work for the last 4 of those..good, bad, we don't know anymore. We know that we will make it and it is what it is.
We celebrated my birthday with the kiddos and they were adorable. Gracey even kissed me on my birthday(this does not happen very often)and told me she loved me so much. The day after my birthday I got to go shopping with just Colty and Brenda...we had a great time!
In the meantime I had been asked to do a board member position by the moms club we belong to...it would have been a lot to take on in a good day, but with the point we are at, I called and let them know that it just was too much. I got a very kind reaction from everyone, and I in turn feel that a weight was lifted from me.
I interviewed for a job...yes, you read that right. It went well, but we discovered that not much has changed with this business of working and trying to fit in childcare...I would have to make a HECK of a lot to make it worth the time I would be away from my kids to cover childcare...So again, we have decided we can make it and will make it through the summer and that we will continue to go on as we have.
Lastly, and possibly one of the most special parts of the past 2 weeks, was a visit from my Mom and Aunt Shelly. We had a great time. It was just the medicine we needed. We miss you both. Gracey said she was going to go to Spokane today and that it is not fair that Aunt Shelly had to leave. Max has got me all ready for walking alongside him while he bikes this morning (he was able to do this each day with my Mom and Aunt Shelly).
So here are a few (kidding)Lots of pics from the past 2 weeks.
3 comments:
I LOVE the picture of you and Grace and Colty on the floor. What a cute picture!
Great pictures!
I didn't know it was your birthday !!! You should of said something!!! Happy belated!!! :o)
Talk to you soon!
Those are some fun pictures. Love the birthday cake. Sorry to hear about the MC position. I know you were psyched up for it. It is scary to think that we can't just go back to work so easily if need be. YOu'll get through this.
Post a Comment