Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Leave it to Gracey!



Yesterday we went to visit Brenda and her kids and went and swam at thier clubhouse for a bit before going to play at their house for the afternoon. We were all excited, and when we first arrived, Gracey ran off with Carson and Katie to look at ants in the flower beds...I wanted to call her back but when I tried to pry Colty away from the pool, he protested by flinging all of his 24 pounds around and screaming ouch at me, so I resisted the urge to run to her and tell her to come back and play with us. I could see her and figured a few ants wouldn't hurt anyone.

Then, Carson came back and mentioned a bunny, I asked "a Bunny?"...but neither Brenda or I really thought to much of it...until, Gracey came walking up to the pool with all of these other moms and small children and I could hear all the other moms saying " Oh My God, what does that little girl have in her hands?" And Guess What, she had a bunny, not alive though, it was dead and decaying but she thought it was so cute she just wanted to take him home with us. Leave it to Gracey girl, to bring a dead bunny into this type of setting!!! So off we went to wash our hands (all this while wrestling Colty who was not happy to be taken away from the water, and Max following me asking me question after question) . If she doesn't grow up to be a vetrinarian or zooligist I won't believe it. (And, yes, we did have a long talk about why we should not pick up wild or dead animals)

No comments: