
Tuesday evening Grace was working on a magnificent piece of artwork and she decided it needed to go up on her wall. In the past she has "hammered" thumb tacks into her wall to put up her artwork with various items, such as rocks from outside or any type of large item. That night she decided on a rock from outside in our yard. I tried to dissuade her and while I was distracted at best and trying to dress Colty at the same time, she went ahead and did it anyway. Hmmm. Doesn't sound anything like Grace, does it?
So, when she came running up to me clutching at her eye a few moments later I was not surprised but dismayed at her little face. She had gotten a small fragment of rock in her eye. I figured and hoped that it would work itself out of her eye by morning. She went to sleep and woke up with a slightly irritated eye, but looked and seemed pretty good. I sent her to preschool wednesday afternoon and upon picking her up she was sitting at a table and had been for about a half hour with a washcloth on her eye, she had told her teachers she couldn't play any more that her eye hurt too bad.
Needless to say we took yet another trip to the Doc. Grace did NOT like the Opthamologist. This is putting it lightly. Colty stood on top of the arms of the chairs in the waiting room and generally acted like a crazed two and 3/4 year old. It was not appreciated by any one, including his mom and sibs. Anyway, Grace Girl came home and was in quite a bit of pain, but with steroid/antibiotic eyedrops and a hope and a prayer that the rock would come out on it's own. If not she would need to come back and go under anesthesia to remove it. We have applied eyedrops and she has gotten better throughout the day. It is still irritated and a little red but so much better, she is actually able to have it open and is playing happily. A huge jump from yesterday.
The only bummer is that we have to skip on the pumpkin patch trip we were going to make with her class tomorrow. It is very windy and it is dirty at the pumpkin patch...so we are skipping it just to make sure she is completely healed without adding extra dirt and grit to her eyes.
The picture here is not of Grace because I spared her the photo session while having a swollen and red eye. This is of Colt and Scamper lounging a few days ago.
Max and Colt continue to have strange virus symptoms....when will this stop!!!
Hope it will be soon, becuase I am so so tired...
3 comments:
I sure hope everyone is on the mend soon. I can't imagine how tired you are at this point. You're going to need some sort of spa day soon.
OMG! That is the cutest picture in print . Scamper is the cutest little ball of fur!
Wow Amy! I hope Gracie's eye is all better soon. What a drag
Post a Comment