Friday, January 11, 2008

my own maid?



This morning started off very early for Gracey. She woke at 4:30 am and was ready to do some art projects right from the get go. By the time 6:30 came around, she was starting to go deeper and deeper into a very tired/hungry mood (even though she was offered breakfast countless times). Not Good. She threw a major tantrum....Max was late to school by 30 minutes, because getting her dressed was a serious obstacle. I actually had to tell myself to stop and breathe for a few minutes. She cried and screamed and the more she cried and screamed, the more that Colton cried and screamed...he REALLY hates getting a coat and shoes on to go outside. So, needless to say it was hectic and crazy at our house this morning.
By the time we got her to school, we had gotten some breakfast into her and some quiet time and she was much better. I am expecting an early bed time tonight though...
Upon arriving home from Grocery shopping and picking both big kids up, we came into a very chaotic house...our house was a wreck from our tantrum and crying filled house this morning. Then while eating popsicles(yes, I was trying to bribe these three little creatures of mine into letting me unload groceries unassisted), Colty dropped his and before I realized I had a melty drippy mess on the floor. Mess upon Mess upon Mess. I wondered if I would ever pull the reigns in today...it seemed out of control to say the least. After I lost it for a moment and gave a small lecture on not being everyone's maid...I began to run a sink full of water to mop, and was told to sit down because my own maid had come to our house. His name was Max and he seriously assisted me. He needed some supervision, but he really really helped me. Wow. How wonderful. He mopped the bathrooms and of all things he asked to clean the toilets...he really loves to do this chore. He then vacuumed all of our rooms and area carpets!! Wow. I am so proud of him and so happy to have his help. Don't worry I know it won't last but for this little moment in time, I am just so proud of him.
This picture of Gracey girl is just a little illustration of her mood this fine day...good thing bedtime will be early...seriously, I love her to tears but my goodness sakes she has some gigantic feelings.

2 comments:

Perrin said...

Wow...I know just how that morning feels and what your house can look like after that. How very sweet of Max. I recently had a time where the house was a wreck and I had ran an errand with Dylan and when I got home Corinne (Jeff was home) has cleaned the whole downsatirs, I was in shock. And so happy.

Brenda said...

I think every parent has experienced a day (or two) just like the one you described. I hope this weekendis going better. Max has such a sweet heart.