Friday, January 4, 2008

winter weather





Today we woke to a severe winter storm, with high winds and lots of rain. In the middle of the night I woke up and wondered what I heard outside of our house, I realized after a moment that it was the wind moving with such force that it was creating a lot of noise. At around 4 am, Midnight (our kitty)wanted out and went out not to return for about 5 hours...after Max went out to call for her. She returned a sopping and scared mess...so much for trying to teach her to go outside all the time instead of using a litter box in the house. About an hour later, Max told me that there was a fallen tree in our front yard. I didn't believe him because Max has been known to tell stories at times. Finally, he convinced me to come and look. I did and there was. Tomorrow Lee and our neighbor will be busy cutting it up to get it out of our yard. Thankfully it didn't damage our house.
So here is some photos of the tree in our yard.
And some photos of Lee with Colty. Colty loves, loves, loves his Daddy.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad no one was hurt and everyone is healthy again.

malissa said...

yikes.

Brenda said...

Wow! I'm so glad the tree didn't damage your house! That had to be a very strong wind!

Perrin said...

Oh goodness. Scary! We have tons of wind storms and I always looking at the huge pines behind our house but luckily none have ever fallen. Glad it missed the house.