Friday, August 29, 2008

standing on one's head/new bikes and great makeover girl






Last weekend, the big kids went bike shopping with Lee. They all have birthdays around the corner and Max and Grace needed new bikes...Max is still getting the feel of the bigger bike. Grace has gone to the park with me a couple of times and ridden around on the basketball courts to get the feel of the bike, and she is off and running. She loves her new bike and is extremely protective of it...if Colty gets the idea to be in the same little square inch of space with it...it is just plain trouble.
I am hoping that I can take Max and Grace to the park this weekend to practice riding on a flat surface...now if it could only cool down a little. These triple digit, extra hot days are really getting old. I know all of my friends and family are reading this and thinking I am crazy...but truly the heat just plain sucks when it gets this hot.
So here are a few pictures of Max with his bike...I have yet to capture Miss Grace on her bike, but take my word for it, she is cute on it. She wears knee pads, helmet and all of her jewelry for riding apparel.
Colty is staying cool in the hose in the first pictures of him. And standing on his head on the couch. He loves to do this. You could be sitting and minding your beeswax and he will find a way to nuzzle in next to you, on his head to watch tv like that. When we were visiting in Spokane, he did this in the booth at Arby's one day while we were having lunch with my mom.
Lastly, Grace has turned into a girly girl. She LOVES makeup, lipstick, nail polish, and jewelry. She does "makeovers"several times a day and last night she even let Max give her a makeover...he did her lipstick and nails and brushed her hair. She then allowed him to take a few photos of her...he is such a cute big brother.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pictures! I love Grace's rings. One on every finger??

Liz said...

That is the best lipstick application ive ever seen!

Liz said...

saki it to me

Brenda said...

I honestly can't believe how big your kids are getting!!!

By the way, I wouldn't mind a little bit of your heat. You can have some of our rain! :o)

Perrin said...

I agree with Brenda...they have grown a ton. Colty looks more little boy/less toddler. All cute. Yes...I couldn't take that heat. Ugh!