Friday, March 27, 2009

Dad





So..we had one great visit with my Dad this week! He came for Grace's father's night at preschool and we had a blast from the time he arrived till the time we saw him off.

Papa spoiled us rotten while he was here and the kids were thrilled! Thanks Dad!

I can't say I have ever gotten used to being away from our families but it has gotten a little easier over the years, but this morning it tugged at my heartstrings as I watched both Max and Grace steel them selves away for a moment and gather courage to say goodbye to their Papa...both came home and sat and played quietly, soon after I heard Grace come out of her room with a small rolling suitcase that she had packed with all her favorite things. She anounced that she was ready to go to Spokane now. Very sweet.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Sweet and a little sad too. I can relate as my kids live far from family too.

Michelle said...

I'm ready to go to Spokane too. I'll come pick her up!