

This week while we were in Walmart picking up a few items, ever more items to pick up but that is a different story, I took Grace over to the girls section to see if I could find her a few pairs of shorts to prepare for summer.
After all the trees are in bloom here and the grass had to be mowed yesterday...it is right around the corner for us.
In going through Grace's clothes a few weeks ago, I noticed that she has sprouted legs this last couple of months and that many if not all of her shorts are going to be REALLY short on her, so I thought I would just check out the summer shorts for her...but she had other plans. She picked up this sweater that you see her in while looking at the new laptop. She insisted upon this sweater as it was just so beautiful she kept telling me. I thought, she would get it and forget about it but no turns out she has worn it every day since we purchased it...So here she is with the boys looking at the new laptop and I managed to get a shot of Max while because he didn't realize I was taking his photo.
The next photo is of Max shortly after taking a hot shower yesterday afternoon, he was extremely hot after the yardwork we did yesterday. I wanted to get a photo of him just because he had of course caused our family to fall apart in laughter a bit earlier and I was still smiling because of it. He covered his face at the last moment but I am still putting it on.
So, I mentioned the laughter and the lawn...I was cleaning like mad yesterday and the kids were playing out in the back yard which had just gone crazy with that first spring growth for the past couple of weeks...I decided that I would just go and mow it and get it done with...this is much easier said than done. Our lawn mower is a bit hard to start so as I was trying to get it started, Max was standing next to me coaching me through the process, when he says with gusto, " Common Mom, pull it like you mean it!!" It was so funny and so heartfelt that I laughed until I cried and so did Max, Grace and Colty. Just one of those moments that I had to share. So, yes I did get the lawn mower started and the lawn looks better...although it is hard to tell to much today as there is standing water over much of the perimeter as it has rained so hard for the past 12+ hours.
1 comment:
ms. gracies piggie tails look so darn cute on her! I love & miss you all soooooooooooooooooooooooo
much!
Post a Comment