

Well, this wednesday was Grace's last day of preschool for this year. Next year she will return back to the same school in the afternoons. Of all the preschools we have experienced since having children, this is our all time favorite. She loved it and became very bonded with the other children and teachers. We received a portfolio packet from the school with so many neat and touching things in it. It included pictures of her throughout the year, a recording of how much she has grown from September, and a letter that they had asked us to write to describe her before she went last year. Also a short three word description of who we thought she was at the beginning of the year. My three word description was precocious, funny and spirited. Their description of her, was "One who likes to draw and tell stories, especially about her pets and Racooney. She enjoys playdoh, the kitchen center and the dollhouse. So here is a photo of Gracey taken earlier the day of her preschool promotion, as none of the photos I took of her at the actual ceremony turned out...could have been more operator error on my part because, each time I tried to shoot and take a photo Colty went wild.
The photo of Colty, is him playing hide and seek in our couch this week. He kept telling me that he was hiding and I would come over and mock that I could not find him anywhere...he would giggle so hard that it got me laughing each time too. He is so very sweet, but he has found his terrible twos this week. Not that he hasn't ever had a tantrum before or opposed what is going on at times, but he is really there now. So we will be cautious about taking him out and about with us...yesterday he tantrumed all the way through a field trip to the local grocery store, I was emotionally and physically exhausted and so were the kids. Grace said that he was just having a fit party. I remember all too well when the other big kids went through these types of stages and phases and I know that this will pass so for now I am just trying to be patient with him and enjoy the sweet side of things with him.
Next week Max finishes kindergarten and he is so proud of himself but so sad that he has to leave his teacher. He and I have formed a bond with her. She is a great teacher and we will miss her dearly. On Friday they have a kindergarten graduation that we will attend. I can't believe that my little man will be in first grade next year.
1 comment:
Grace's school does sound wonderful. I feel Dylan's is missing that personal connection where they think he is special (and all the others too.) It's hard to say goodbye to great teachers.
Post a Comment