Friday, May 9, 2008

I Give Up!






Does anyone remember those posters in the eighties that had pictures of little kittens yowling with their hair sticking up, that said things like: "Momma said there'd be days like this." I have one of those repetitively going through my mind this week. Because, I have had a long week with these three kiddos. I wonder if there is a full moon or what.
Tuesday night right before bed, I had an "accidental" cous cous spill ALL over the kitchen...Which by the way had to be vacuumed up by the shop vac...because someone, (I am not naming names)broke my broom last week and the house vacuum was just spitting the cous cous back out like it was sand.
It has continually gotten crazier, messier, and more chaotic through the week. Tonight while supossedly watering the garden, I went inside to grab a bottle of water and change the wash. I came back out to this swamp...in the corner of the garden that we left unplanted so the kids could dig to their hearts desire. Well, let me tell you, this is not the first time this week that I have had muddy children and house to go along with it. Guess this is just one of those crazy weeks.
The highlight of my day today was going to Grace's preschool mothers day tea...she was so excited to have me. We played and had strawberry shortcake. I loved my time with her.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a crazy week, but a lot of fun too. (I enjoyed the pictures!)

Liz said...

I'm glad that you got to go to her tea.!

Perrin said...

We do all have days like those. What a nice mommy you are though to let your kids have fun int he mud. It really is so fun for them.