So here I sit on the eve of Gracie girl heading off to Kindergarten. What I feel is hard to describe...not nervous, because really how could I be with a girl like her. She is ferociously independent and truly was born that way, also she has been called strong willed a time or two in her 5.75 years, so I never worry over her in that way. I feel excited for her. I also feel that it was just moments ago that she was in the crook of my arm with her downy soft black hair and big blue eyes looking at me. I think most of all It feels odd to let her go away from my nest. But as I see her today, she looks like a self assured, bright little girl who will find her way in the world no matter what, who is ready and eager to learn and I sigh a little sigh because I know we have made it succesfully to this point and there is so much more to come on this journey with her but right now she is right where she should be, on her way to kindergarten.
Oh, and Yeah that other guy...that I do worry over so much. Max the man is on his way 2nd grade. He is also right where he should be and for the first time in his school career I feel calm about him starting a new year. He had a great year at school last year and is excited to be starting a new year.
Good luck guys and thanks for the great summer!
1 comment:
Oh Amy, what a beautiful little post! I'm sure the kids will look back and see what a terrific mom you are and how kind and affectionate you convey your feelings about them. Good luck to Gracie and Max!
Post a Comment