So...last year Max had a wild and crazy big birthday. It was lots of work for Mom and Dad and lots of craziness for Max and his friends. Don't get me wrong, it was fun but Max actually was overwhelmed at the whole thing and actually asked if we could have a "small" birthday with just one buddy this year. When he asked this...I did not refuse...as bday parties are not my specialty, I become easily overwhelmed by all the details and the money that goes into these things.
So that is exactly what we did. I only took one photo as it was really busy with just me(Lee was working last night) and my three kiddos plus one other...we did water baloons, played board games, played with I think almost every toy of ours, and stayed up until about 1 AM...Yes, I did stay up and do all of these things with them...because even though we are nearing 8 yrs old over here...we still need lots of supervision. I am feeling a little tired this morning and really glad we have a whole Sunday to recoup, but when I asked Max if he liked his party, he told me it was perfect. Music to a Mom's ears.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Max. That does sound like a great birthday. I hope my kid's will be in small party moods this year. The big ones are a little crazy.
Sounds like a terrific party. Glad you guys all had fun.
That's my kind of party! Kuddos to you for staying up and playing until 1:00am with them!
aww, you did good mama
Post a Comment