Here is a photo of Colty eating a drumstick...you might wonder why I took this photo of my little guy eating an icecream? Well, people, he is possibly the most picky eater I have ever encountered....He truly has never liked icecream before...it was too wet, sticky and all that other stuff that we all love about icecream. He would rather subsist on pretzels, water and bread with maybe a little butter if he is getting crazy that day and bursting out of his shell.
I have always wanted to be the sort of parent that would teach my kids to eat what there bodies need, and to eat when hungry and stop when full...hmm...a bit too idealistic? Yes, I think. However, I never wanted to teach them that they had to eat until their plate was clean regardless of whether they were hungry etc...just to get a sweet.
For the most part it worked on Max and Grace, they both eat well and have learned to stop when full.
So, since I reached a breaking point with a cranky and crying Colty the other day over his NON nutrition...Lee and I came up with some alternatives something not quite at either end of the spectrum but more in the middle...and for the most part it is working, we are seeing an improvement. No we are not cheering for him eating icecream...but yes we are cheering for him trying things outside of his little box.
No comments:
Post a Comment