

Well, we have returned safe and sound from our big adventure. It was wonderful, great and beautiful. The sights, the smells, the laughter, tears and hugs we shared, and all the fun we had. It left me thinking of the meaning of home.
I have heard and read my whole life, that Home is Where the Heart is. I know the true meaning of this now.
I recently read in a novel that you can never leave home, but you can live somewhere else (I thought this was well put)
I was recently reading (yet again) about someone who lived far from her childhood place of origin, who described missing home, missing the place you grew up in, as if this place is a living person with it's own beating heart, that you come home to every so often, and feel that you could embrace it, love it and take it all in, and you miss just as much as your own family member...hmm, I think I get this one too.
So thanks to all of our family members for all the wonderful time we spent with you. Tomorrow when there is more time, I will add some photos from our vacation.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had fun. I missed you.
It sounds like you had a great time. We've missed you! Carson and Katie keep asking when they can see Max and Cee-cee. :o)
Post a Comment