Well, a long end to a long few weeks...as everyone knows by now we have all been sick around here for a few weeks. Last night all three kids took a turn for the worst and woke with very high fevers ranging from between 104 to 106, and ended up going to see the Dr. at an unconventional hour...all three ended up having tested positive for the influenza virus (I think the one that has been so highly publicized lately) and all three were promptly put on a new med called Tamiflu to get them better quicker as the Dr. kept reitterating that we just needed to get them well and keep them that way for a bit. So, after a long night we had an easy day today and kept meds and fluids in them all. They boys seem to be doing somewhat better, and Gracey is lagging behind a bit, but I think she may have just caught it a day later...who knows at this point!
So we kind of didn't celebrate St Pats Day...last year a leprechaun snuck into our house and turned our kitchen chairs over and sprinkled gold dust around. Max LOVED that...I had big plans for this year but didn't even get around to that amongst the feverish little people around here.
Last, but not least we had to cancel on a special little person's bday party for tomorrow, but I think it is for the best as no one else would really ever, want this virus that we have. Thanks Brenda and Katie for understanding!
4 comments:
Oh Amy..I'm so sorry for you all. I hope you are somewhat better. That is one of the hardest parts of this mothering job...having to keep going when you feel sick. Get better wishes are sent your way!
Hang in there! I hope everyone is healthy soon. You've had a tough couple weeks with one or more sickies in your house at a time.
I'm so sorry to hear that it got to the point of heading to the ER. High fevers can be so scary! Sounds like they'll be on the mend soon. We'll keep you guys in our prayers
OH AMY!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I hope they (and you) are on the mend.
Post a Comment