I always say the good thing and the bad thing in life is that nothing ever stays the same. Today I felt that when I dropped Colty boy off at preschool. That is one change that is so good but also a little milestone that makes me take one of those mom-sized gulps because it makes me realize that time is going by...again so good but so hard too. As I dropped them off I had two new changes with me...one on my hip and one holding my hand. Most people know that I am now watching two (very cute)little guys during the weekdays, Ashton 3 and Jack 1...these little guys helped me out tremendously today. I could feel all of these emotions hovering above me as I dropped my baby off and as I watched Ashton and Colty hug goodbye and loaded them into the car and drove off I looked in the rearview mirror and saw two little boys sitting looking back at me thumbs in mouth with their little pointer fingers curled up and around their little noses, I smiled at them and they both smiled back...I sighed a little sigh and thought how lucky I am. Lucky or blessed however you look at it, life is good.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
changes
I always say the good thing and the bad thing in life is that nothing ever stays the same. Today I felt that when I dropped Colty boy off at preschool. That is one change that is so good but also a little milestone that makes me take one of those mom-sized gulps because it makes me realize that time is going by...again so good but so hard too. As I dropped them off I had two new changes with me...one on my hip and one holding my hand. Most people know that I am now watching two (very cute)little guys during the weekdays, Ashton 3 and Jack 1...these little guys helped me out tremendously today. I could feel all of these emotions hovering above me as I dropped my baby off and as I watched Ashton and Colty hug goodbye and loaded them into the car and drove off I looked in the rearview mirror and saw two little boys sitting looking back at me thumbs in mouth with their little pointer fingers curled up and around their little noses, I smiled at them and they both smiled back...I sighed a little sigh and thought how lucky I am. Lucky or blessed however you look at it, life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's so hard to leave one chapter of your life and head into another one. Your post is very touching and I'm glad you're doing well.
Sounds like we had a similar day! :o)
i so know what you mean about going on to another stage of being a mommy, it is hard and very emotional (for me at least). i am glad my little guys where able to warm your heart, cause you know they love you so much and we havent even known you that long, but you are that great
Post a Comment