If you know me, you know I love words...therefore I love to hear the things and take a special joy out of the new and creative things that they come up with all the time. It has been a while since I have blogged about the things that the kiddos are up to and the things they are saying, so here goes.
Today Max told me that something was "So five minutes ago"...yes, you read that right, and recently he referred to something as all tricked out...he is my teenager in training I guess. I still remember though that when he was a little guy and would get mad he would faux swear by saying Nicket, Nocket in a very loud manner and it still makes me smile even years later.
Speaking of teenagers in training. Grace has taken to saying the word "Awkward" in this oh so sassy manner. She uses it whenever Lee and I do anything to embarass (which by the way could be just about anything) her. She also recently has taken to adding "simply" into her sentences such as "simply stupid"( and yes she loves the word stupid too) Although her take on simply is that she says Temply. I love it when she says things like this is temply boring, and she says it in her "I mean it" voice. One of my favorite things she says is meed instead of need. She has done this since she began to talk. I still love to hear it. And she passed this one on to her little bro...:) Some of my favorite things she said when she was really small were calling Lucky Charms: Tucky Sharms, she also called almonds, wobbins. She used to call her Daddy man up when he would be at work and ask him to bring these two items to her when he came home...and lo and behold what do you know, just like any little girl she asks and she receives, (but that is another blog post). Lately when she was mad at me she told me that yes in fact she did want to argue with me....I am a little scared for later years with this girl...truly.
My faves from Colty boy right now are pretty much everything because he is still learning to navigate through the english language and this means some really cute stuff comes out of his mouth. He regularly tells me that he missed me so much even when I am only gone long enough to pop out the door and grab some forgotten item from the store. He has taken to telling me that the sights we see when driving to and from school are amazing. And to telling me that some food I place on his plate is disgusting...but he says isgusting. He comes home from school and tells me each day that he had pizza for snack...when he really didn't, he just keeps this as his stock answer for Mommy. He has taken to calling M&Ms yum, yums. When he get's mad right now he will say loudly, I am so fwustrated! He calls In and Out, Chicken Downt (I don't know where he came up with this). The best thing that Colty does right now is to constantly sing and hum the tune to the Indiana Jones trilogy. Also he has recently taken to saying ohmmm while pretending to strike a yoga pose and closing his eyes...I have tried for weeks to get this photo and finally succeeded yesterday...funny guy.
2 comments:
Great stories! I love it when kids start going through new phases of talking.
great documenting, what do you need baby books for when you have a blog
Post a Comment