Friday, January 19, 2007

Cooking with Mom

Today Max and I were making Banana Bread and I gave him the extra fun job of squishing the Bananas. He loved it! What couldn't be fun about crushing and squishing food? He then asked if he could wash the potato masher (the utensil we had used to mash the bananas) I of course said yes, thinking that it would occupy him for a bit while I mixed up the dry ingredients. I looked up to see him dumping the contents of the bowl containing the mashed bananas into the garbage disposal!!!!! I refrained from asking what he was thinking...but not by far... We then talked about what had just taken place and how we would fix it....so our banana bread had brand new bananas (not overripe like the recipe called for) Oh well! Sometimes (all the time)I get reminded by the kids that things don't always go the way they were planned but sometimes it turns out as good or better....by this I mean cooking or life in general.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Poor Max. I'm sure he didn't realize he was making a mistake. I'm so impressed that you didn't get upset, but instead made the best out of the situation. He sure looks proud in the picture. :o)