

This morning as I was driving Max to school, I thought of all the funny things that the kids have said and how with Max we have even nicknamed his funny words and sayings "budsyisms" (Since Max has been little, his nickname has always been Budsy) When he was little, he had lots of cute little things he said just like all babies, when he was about 2 or so, he began saying funny versions of curse words, that really weren't bad words but we could tell by the intonation of these words and sentences what they meant. One of his very famous ones was, Nicket, Nocket! Said very mad and loud, and then to follow if he was surprised or exasperated he would say "Holy Junkpots"!! As he has gotten older he has continued this tradition. Once when he was 3, we were getting ready to go out for the afternoon and I was dressing Gracey and he came down the hall and I overheard him say "Jesus Christ, I think I got a fever"...the perfect intonation and all, sounding very much like his Dad....(No, I don't let him swear freely or use those types of words regularly, but dang it was funny!) And no he didn't have a fever! A few months ago, I fixed French toast for dinner and he sat down and it was total silence as if I had served up Birthday cake or something...and then he said " This is so good I could just fart" What? Where did that come from? Although I had to smile at him.
Gracey right now seems to be coming up some good ones too...she will often walk into the room and turn on every overhead light and say, There is that better for your eyes? As if we had been walking around in darkness until then. Right now the very funniest and cutest thing she says or does is giggle...it is just too cute for words, and it is contagious you can't help but to hear it and laugh along with her.
Colty is just starting his own dialect...it is all jibber jabber, except when it comes to Daddy. He actually says "Wuv" when he first gets his hands on Lee in the morning or when first arriving home.
All this thought, just made me realize how fast this time is going, Somedays it takes forever to get to bedtime and others I realize it has actually been five years and three children and it is flying by. I have been told many times I need to write all these things down...so there are just a few of the cute things...
5 comments:
So cute! I just put a notebook in my kitchen so I can start writing these things down as they will someday be forgotten.
Corinne floored me the other day by saying "I think I'm ready for a cellphone". Ahhh! Five going on 16.
I love your blog! It's so great to see more pics of the kids. P
"Jesus Christ, I think I got a fever"
LOL!!! This totally had me laughing. Don't they just say the funniest things? :)
PS...Perrin: I hear you have a blog. Will you share the link?? :)
I feel as if I need to tip toe in...
Hi...
I didn't give Casey your link. Really. She just saw you in the comment section of my blog and clicked on your link. :o)
Although, I've been meaning to ask if I can add you to my links list.
:o)
The more the merrier as far as I am concerned...It just makes me feel good that people actually want to see our blog!!
Casey-It is so good to hear from you! And yes, they do say the funniest things!
Brenda-Of course you can put our link on your blog!
Hee hee. Yep - I'm a smart girl that way. I find my way into everyone's little blog worlds. I love getting to know people in blogland and the fact that you are friends with my bestest friend Brenda makes me want to get to know you and your little ones.
Sorry I barged in - but I'm glad I found you. :)
Post a Comment